Digital Asset Management for Higher Education
Your higher education institution consists of many departments, programs, and audiences, which can make keeping track of your branding, marketing, and other materials challenging. Fortunately, digital asset management (DAM) software gives you an easier option for keeping track of a significant amount of materials. This software makes storing, organizing and searching your documents, photos, and other materials more efficient.
Choosing the right digital asset management software makes maintaining brand consistency and connecting with prospective students, current students, and alumni across a variety of channels easier than ever. Although it can take a bit of time and effort to find a digital asset management program that adequately meets the needs of your institution, the right program can make a significant difference in your overall marketing strategy.
Not having a consistent method of organizing your content can lead to several challenges for your institution, such as:
- Maintaining a unified representation of your brand across your campus, including quality representation in each department and program your campus offers
- Utilizing multiple channels to build quality connections with prospective students, current students, alumni, and donors
- Increasing the quantity and quality of events that make your campus visible in your community, including social events, fundraising events, sporting events, and various options for using media to keep alumni connected with their alma mater
- Adhering to proper guidelines when incorporating photos and videos of students into your website and other marketing materials
- Efficiently utilizing the resources of your marketing and IT departments to create new and updated marketing materials
- Creating a system for organizing photos, videos, and other items that preserve the history of past events and previous school years
Digital Asset Management Benefits
Fortunately, higher education institutions that take advantage of the digital asset management programs available to them can find solutions for these challenges. Quality digital asset management software increases each campus's ability to efficiently manage various media types to best benefit each aspect of the campus and each program it offers. Here are four of the most significant benefits of adding a digital asset management program to your IT department's software library!
- Customizable, configurable options that can be adjusted over time to grow and improve alongside your campus
- Simple, easy-to-follow solutions for addressing your campus's need for compliance in various areas
- Increased efficiency to accomplish more while lowering the cost of your marketing strategies
- A secure option that gives your campus the ability to keep your documents and groups private and password protected
Your campus's marketing strategies and overall communication depend on high accuracy and efficiency across a wide range of areas. A quality digital asset management system can make all the difference when it comes to promoting your campus or keeping the members of your campus community in the loop about announcements, events, and other developments. A solid digital asset management program unifies your brand to give you more resources to delegate to other areas, effectively running your campus.
Key DAM features for Universities and Colleges
A One-stop Shop
Keeping your marketing materials and projects for a wide variety of areas of your campus organized can be extremely difficult.
A quality digital asset management program provides a centralized repository for storing and organizing a wide range of types of data, including admission materials, student handbooks, course handouts, and other important forms.
Tell Your Institution's Story
Many institutions fail to adequately organize current photos, documents, and other materials that will become important aspects of documenting the history of the institution until it is too late, resulting in an incomplete story of the institution.
Digital asset management programs make it easier to store these items in one place, which helps you preserve the legacy of your institution.
Protect your Image
Many organizations struggle to ensure that all the marketing materials and other content they produce adequately align with the goals and values of their image, especially when it comes to maintaining consistency across programs, departments, and campuses.
Digital asset management software helps your institution ensure brand compliance by using dynamic templates. These templates only allow some aspects of your graphics and other content to be customizable. This allows your institution to ensure that your branding is consistent and contains the same elements no matter where it is found.
Many departments, programs, and even campuses across your institution struggle to maintain consistency amongst one another when it comes to creating materials that reflect the school's branding and values.
Digital asset management programs share pre-approved logos and other marketing materials across departments that making it easy to access and use materials that portray accurate branding.
Happy Marvia users in over 90 countries
Ready to see what Marvia can do for your institution?
Get in touch today, our experts are here to show you the basics of how our digital asset management software works and how it can benefit your school.