Digital Asset Management, what is it and why can companies no longer go without it?
Every self-serious company must have thought about the DAM strategy. DAM is your stock system, corporate identity guard, facility manager and courier all-in-one.
What is Digital Asset Management?
Simply put, it is a way to store all important files of your company online centrally and securely in such a way that others can easily find and consult them.
Why do companies focus on Digital Asset Management?
From SMEs to large corporations: your files make your business.
Everybody processes documents, whether it is emails, pictures from your digital camera or USB files. We try to apply a system by structuring a folder, defining filenames or following an agreed hierarchy to ensure that the files can be retrieved correctly.
But if your files, maybe thousands of them, are essential to your organisation or have to be available for colleagues or customers at different locations, you need a system to organise them.
Why is a DAM system important for your company?
There are several reasons why a DAM system is essential for your company:
- People and laptops travel, but files must be available centrally;
- Your local folder structure may work perfectly for you, but if colleagues need a file they can’t find or access it;
- Files stored on servers are difficult to access when people are on the move;
- Version management is messy which results in the circulation of multiple versions of files.
What does DAM solve?
Digital Asset Management software makes all files available tot he authorised user via your web browser. This offers the following benefits:
- Ability to tag files with metadata based on your specific usage;
- Prevents duplicate, confusing versions of the same logos;
- Plug and Play: everybody has access, and you don’t have to install any software;
- Your files are stored securely, whatever happens to you’re computer or server;
- Files are online with the rights attached to them so that the right people see the correct files;
- There is a search system connected to all your data so that finding the right file is a piece of cake;
- Increase the control on and the consistency of your brand.
Recognizable? Contact us to see what Digital Asset Management can do for you.